BloggingGhana, Ghana’s biggest organization of bloggers and social media enthusiasts. BloggingGhana (BloGh) is a group of bloggers and social media users, writing out of Ghana or the Ghanaian experience. It is also an aggregator website that collects the latest posts and tweets from our members. Since June 2011 we are a registered non-profit organization with a executive council working towards the following objectives:
- Serving as a forum for bloggers in Ghana to network and exchange ideas
- Building capacity among bloggers in Ghana
- Accessing new audiences for our blogs through a mutual website (aggregator) and other activities
- Promoting citizen journalism in Ghana
- Educating the general public in Ghana on the opportunities of social media
We have a mailing list where we discuss group matters and share blogging tips and links. Currently, 58 people subscribe to the emails and discuss online. Although most of those bloggers reside in Ghana, some also live outside its borders. Since the first meeting in 2008, we have met once a month, usually on Saturdays. We try to meet in different locations in Accra to educate ourselves about the city, but lately we have geared to the few places that offer free WiFi.We have an aggregator website which collects posts from our members (ghanablogging.com). One year after the first meeting, we had more than 3,000 posts written on 61 blogs. Two years later, we had more than 5,870 posts written on 74 blogs.